Amazing. I’m actually speechless at the moment…but I’ll give you a couple of quick thoughts:
- Obama was cool, poised, and addressed the audience, the camera and Senator McCain. Senator McCain addressed all of the above except Senator Obama, who he referred to as “That one” at one point. He might as well said “Boy” or used an even worse term.
- McCain prowled the stage when Obama was talking, and came across as an angry white man. Obama came across as cool and Presidential. It is clear McCain does not like or respect Senator Obama.
Obama won, not just on substance…but because he was a Human Being. McCain only went on to prove that like his running mate (who he did not mention ONCE) has no soul.
I’ll have a detailed and thoughtful post tomorrow. Right now I need a Xanax.
Lucky NY Giants Hat? Check. Lucky pack of Camel Crush cigarettes? Check. Tin Foil Hat for massive conspiratorial paranoia (in honor of McCain shill Tom Brokow)? Check. Tums for ridiculous McCain answers or attacks? Check.
I think I’m ready for tonight’s Second Presidential Debate. I hope these guys focus on THE ISSUES instead of attacking one another…especially after the Dow plunged over 500 points today. Whoever attacks the other guy FIRST loses this debate, in my humble opinion.
QUESTIONS I WANT ANSWERS TO:
- What will you do help the returning soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan who have PTSD? What has been your track record on Veteran’s Rights?
- Why will you tax Medical Benefits, Senator McCain? Isn’t this the largest middle-class tax increase in history?
- Why have you not spoken up about the attendees at yours and Governor Palin’s campaign rallies shouting hate and threats about Senator Obama? What steps have you taken to make sure these people are questioned by the Secret Service and the FBI?
And that’s only a partial list that I can think of now. See you with post-debate analysis later on.
PS>I have sworn to the Universe and my wife (and not necesisarily in that order) that I will quit smoking if Obama wins. It’s about time I did anyway, but this gives me motivation (mentally) to do so.