Just in case some of you are new to reading blogs, here’s a quick way to access all of the writings of Yours Truly on this Humble Site:
- I usually post daily after 8 PM EST (-5GMT), so the most recent post will always be at the top of the blog.
- Previous posts will always appear (in their entirety) below the current post. You can read a post this way, or by clicking on the post title, you will be able to comment on it. I would appreciate anyone reading the Blog to do this, as I am able to see on my statistics page which articles are receiving more traffic than others.
- The 10 most recent posts are also highlighted in the section “Recent Posts” (clever title, huh?). Click on one of them to read and/or comment on one.
- Older posts (those not in the Recent Posts section) can be accessed by clicking on the (ingeniously titled) “Archives” section, click on the month you wish to view, and then finding the article you wish to read and click on the title of the article. Even though an article is still in the Archives, you may comment on it. I will most certainly see it, and I will address it directly in the twice-monthly “Fan Mail From Some Flounder Section”, or with you by e-mail.
- The Recent Comments section features comments from readers regardless of the time period of the post’s original publication date. So, if you wish to comment on an article from September on a day in November, comments that you just made on the original article will show up in this section, on that hypothetical day in November.
I DO read every comment sent to me. I will occasionally respond to a comment, not on the original reader comment, but in a separate comment on my own. I encourage you to comment on any post, so long as you keep to the topic. Links and shameless self-promotion are also encouraged, so if you have a blog, hype it up here (as long as the Blog is not a sex maniac site or something…you get the drift). If you’d like to have your Blog cross-referenced in the “Places I Frequent” section, please send me an e-mail and I’ll read through your blog for a few days and then (hopefully) post your blog reference to mine. Also, please visit those site I frequent. They are some great blogs and great sources of information. My Comments Section has been and will remain unmoderated for the foreseeable future.
Please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you wish to correspond directly, or make a comment “off-line”. I will always reply to an e-mail.
I’m always amazed on how folks get referred to this place, outside of the usual suspects and word of mouth, of course. This blog has been referred by many sources that I would never expected to be a source of referrals. I’m also amazed at the search terms used by various search engines that refer folks here as well. I actually had a reader translate one of my pages into Italian the other day! (See, I DO look at my Blog Stats page!) I’m enjoying myself immensely with “Intersections…”, and I hope you’re enjoying reading it. It’s great to be able to get my opinion and voice out there in the hope that I can make someone think or nod their head in agreement, or perhaps get a chuckle or two in their day. Maybe I’ve made you shed a tear or two, and rest assured that there are occasions when I write a piece that I get that same lump in the throat; the Yankee Stadium piece pretty much tore me up while writing it.
With any luck, you’ll see a new post in a few hours. I’m trying to get one more in before tomorrow night’s debate between the VP Candidates; because I will probably have a short post-debate post and a more detailed analysis the following day…same as I did with the first debate.
Thanks for reading…and like I said a month ago in my initial post, I’ll try my best to make every word you read worth your time.
UPDATE: I’ll hold off on another post until tomorrow after the debates. There’s just so much information coming in now, I don’t know where to start. The Senate just passed the Bail Out…er…Rescue Package 75-25. Yes, both Presidential Candidates voted FOR the Bill as did Senator Biden.
If I think of anything worthy of posting prior to the Debate, I will; otherwise expect a quick analysis from me about 11 PM EST (-5GMT) on 10/2/08.